- Log in / Create account
Author: The Greenpower Team
Greenpower and Spacesuit Media 2020 photography competition
Calling all teams! Coinciding with celebrations of World Photo Day (19 August) Greenpower and photographic partner Spacesuit Media are pleased to announce a competition open to our UK participants.
The brief is simple: the judges want to see teams showcase how they are getting back to business with their Greenpower activities, captured in an image. From participants working on the car, practising CAD or graphic design skills, or delivering a sponsorship pitch, the criteria is deliberately open to interpretation to inspire creative entries.
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the world looks very different now. The judges are keen to see new measures and ways of working reflected in entries received. Equipment should be no barrier to entry: images can be captured using a mobile phone. Participants may wish to edit their photos in post-production, however those who choose not to will not be penalised.
There are two competition categories: Goblins (ages 9-11) and Formula 24/24+ (ages 11-25). Teams can submit up to three images for consideration. One winner from each category will receive a set of universal lenses for mobile phones and a folding tripod for mobile phones. The winners will also receive a virtual photography masterclass hosted by Spacesuit Media and have their images showcased on Spacesuit Collections. The closing date for entries is Monday 19 October.
To enter, send your entry along with your Greenpower organisation name, category, and contact email and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: “Spacesuit photography competition”.
Spacesuit Media will offer regular guidance from its photographers on how to get the best image possible. These will be shared across Greenpower’s social media channels, and we actively encourage teams to take onboard the advice from Spacesuit to capture the perfect image.
Greenpower would like to share entries received on its social media channels both while the competition is open and after submission for entries has closed. Please inform us when submitting your entry/entries if you do not consent to us using them to promote the competition.
Full terms and conditions can be found below – but most importantly, have fun!
The Greenpower Team.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter is Greenpower Education Trust (charity registered in England and Wales no. 1133536 and in Scotland no SC046969) whose registered address is The Greenpower Centre, Arundel Road, Fontwell, West Sussex, BN18 0SD.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 9-25 years old. Entrants under the age of 16 should have their entry submitted on their behalf by their Greenpower team leader.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. How to enter: Send your entry along with your Greenpower team name, category, and contact email and phone number to email@example.com with the subject heading: “Spacesuit photography competition”.
5. The opening date for entries is 19 August 2020 and the closing date for entries is 19 October 2020. After this date no further entries for the competition will be permitted.
6. Each team can enter up to three images for consideration.
7. The prizes are split into two categories: Goblins teams (9-11-year-olds) and Formula 24/+ teams (11-25-year-olds). One winner from each category will receive a set of universal lenses for mobile phones and a folding tripod for mobile phones. The winners will also receive a virtual photography masterclass hosted by Spacesuit Media and have their images showcased on Spacesuit Collections.
8. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
9. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
11. The winners of the competition will be decided by a jury of representatives from Greenpower Education Trust and Spacesuit Media. The winner will be notified by email no later than 14 December 2020. If we do not hear from the winner within 28 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
8. The decision by Greenpower Education Trust and Spacesuit Media as to who has won the competition is final.
9. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
10. To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
12. By entering this competition you are agreeing that your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner if you win and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by Greenpower Education Trust, without additional payment or permission.
14. Under no circumstances will Greenpower Education Trust be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
15. Greenpower Education Trust will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and Greenpower can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
16. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.