We are offering the opportunity for former Lotus factory driver and 10-time ’24 Hours of Le Mans’ competitor Johnny Mowlem to be part of your crew at the Greenpower International Finals on the 10 October 2021!
Read the details below to find out how to enter!
Put together a video of your team members talking about what Greenpower means to them and what they have got out of the project. Has it helped their understanding of STEM subjects? Has it improved their social skills and confidence? Have they developed a passion for something new as a result of Greenpower?
However Greenpower has impacted them, we want to know!
All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 3 October 2021.
For those of you racing at the Greenpower International Final, ex-professional racing driver Johnny Mowlem will join your team as part of the pit crew at the event. Learn driving tips from a multiple Le Mans 24 Hours driver or get an insight into how to get the best out of your car.
If the winning team is not participating at the final, Johnny will run a racing and engineering masterclass for your team via Zoom.
About Johnny Mowlem
Johnny Mowlem is a former professional racing driver who competed at the highest level of endurance racing. Over his 30-year career, Johnny raced for some of the biggest manufacturers in motorsport, including Lotus, Ferrari and Porsche. His career highlights include:
- 24 Hours of Daytona GT class winner
- 10-time 24 Hours of Le Mans competitor (1 GT class podium)
- European Le Mans Series Champion (GTE class)
We look forward to seeing your entries and finding out what Greenpower means to your team!
Terms and conditions
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 11-25 years old. Entrants under the age of 18 should have their entry submitted on their behalf by their Greenpower team leader.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing that your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner if you win and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by Greenpower Education Trust without additional payment or permission.
- The winners of the competition will be decided by a jury of representatives from Greenpower Education Trust and SQN Agency. The winner will be notified by email no later than 8th October 2021. If we do not hear from the winner within 3 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
- The decision by Greenpower Education Trust and SQN Agency as to who has won the competition is final.
- One winning team of the competition will be offered the prize of Johnny Mowlem joining their pit crew at the Greenpower International Final. If the winning team is not participating at the final, Johnny will run an ‘racing and engineering masterclass for your team via Zoom.
- The prize can only be used as stipulated and cannot be exchanged for cash or used in any other way.
- The promoter is Greenpower Education Trust (charity registered in England and Wales no. 1133536 and in Scotland no SC046969) whose registered address is The Greenpower Centre, Arundel Road, Fontwell, West Sussex, BN18 0SD.
- Members of the winning group who are under 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian over 18 to participate and accept this prize.
- Under no circumstances will Greenpower Education Trust be responsible for any loss or damages arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.