- Coronavirus (Covid-19) Latest
- Log in / Create account
Author: The Greenpower Team
Greenpower in partnership with Siemens are launching the first Greenpower - Solid Edge 3D CAD Challenge aimed at getting students of all ages involved with CAD design. The first round of the challenge will celebrate Christmas and the incoming New Year. This is your opportunity to ignore the technical rules and regulations and design something truly unique and fun.
To enter simply follow the steps below:
Registration is Free and all entries must be Submitted by 15 Jan 2021
Prizes will be awarded for the top 5 designs in each category PLUS all entries will be placed into a raffle where 5 entrants will win a £10 voucher!
Each entry will be judged on the following criteria:
For help getting started with Solid Edge sign-up to the Greenpower Solid Edge Community for access to tips and tricks.
All entrants must adhere to the following rules for the Greenpower 3D CAD Challenge:
Winning entries will be posted on the Greenpower Facebook Page on 5 Feb 2021.
Designs kindly provided by Zong Poh Loo and Koh Chun Yong, students from Singapore Polytechnic. Images are for promotional use only and are not entered into the 3D CAD Challenge.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter is Greenpower Education Trust (charity registered in England and Wales no. 1133536 and in Scotland no SC046969) whose registered address is The Greenpower Centre, Arundel Road, Fontwell, West Sussex, BN18 0SD.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 11-23 years old. Entrants under the age of 16 should have their entry submitted on their behalf by their Greenpower team leader.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. How to enter: Upload your designs saved as .par or .asm format to the Solid Edge Portal and describe your design in the info of the project. Share your project through the Solid Edge portal to email@example.com for Greenpower to access for judging.
5. The opening date for entries is 15 November 2020 and the closing date for entries is 12PM, 15 January 2021. After this date no further entries for the competition will be permitted.
6. Each user can enter up to two designs for consideration.
7. The prizes are split into three categories: Full Car Design, Parts Design and Raffle Winners. Five winners from Full Car Design will receive a prize of value up to £65. Five winners from Parts Design will receive a prize of value up to £25. 5 winners from Raffle Winners will receive a £10 voucher.
8. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
9. Cash prizes are not available. Winners may select a voucher of equal value as an alternative prize.
11. The winners of the competition will be decided by a jury of representatives from Greenpower Education Trust and Siemens Solid Edge. The winner will be notified by email no later than 5 February 2021. If we do not hear from the winner within 28 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
8. The decision by Greenpower Education Trust and Siemens Solid Edge as to who has won the competition is final.
9. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
10. To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
12. By entering this competition you are agreeing that your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner if you win and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by Greenpower Education Trust, without additional payment or permission.
14. Under no circumstances will Greenpower Education Trust be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
15. Greenpower Education Trust will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and Greenpower can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
16. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.